The strapline for our new Urbo² is ‘Built for City Steering’, which is true. We designed the Urbo² to be perfect for manoeuvring round busy city streets and town centres.
That doesn’t change the fact we’ve got Starship’s ‘We Built this City’ stuck in our heads. However, we are not wandering round the office singing “We built this city for Urbo²…” We’re definitely not doing that.
Being a parent can sometimes mean that you spend days being cooped up in the house, with nothing but endless piles of washing and reruns of In the Night Garden to keep you company. This is a good way to go mad, fast. That’s why it’s nice to get out and about sometimes; partly so your little one can have fresh air and new experiences and partly so that your days aren’t just filled with dirty babygrows and Makka Pakka’s wide-eyed stare.
That said, even a trip out can lead to disaster. Squashing onto public transport and trying to enter a café subtly can all be doomed to failure if you haven’t got a pushchair that can handle it. That’s why our design bods came up with the Urbo².
We’re very proud of the Urbo². Not only because it is the perfect buggy for nipping around town but because Which? voted it their Best Buy Pushchair 2014. And that’s Which?, so you have to listen to them because they know what they’re talking about.
But guys, you’re probably asking, what’s so great about the Urbo²? Well…
- A lot of city streets (all of them) can be very bumpy and uneven; it’s hard enough staying upright when you’re on your own. To tackle this problem we’ve given the Urbo² front and rear suspension, which helps to absorb the impact of even the roughest surface. You could practically go off road with it. But don’t.
- The pushchair frame is narrow and light to help make your journey as easy and hassle-free as possible – no more dragging it upstairs or snagging it on someone’s shopping trolley and ending up at the fish counter.
- It has a reversible seat so that baby can look at the world around them or sit the other way and pull funny faces at you while you’re trying to look where you’re going.
- The seat has the ability to recline fully, so that your little one doesn’t even need to hold their head up, they can lie back and relax. Almost as if they’re mocking you as you wander the street trying to remember what you came out to get.
- It comes with a flip-flop friendly break meaning, whether you’re dressed to the nines or barefoot, you can perform a quick stop easily and safely. Although, if you’re walking around town barefoot we’re a little concerned…
- The Urbo² has an extra lined hood and visor plus UPF 50+ fabric to keep little ones nice and sheltered if they fancy a snooze. It even has a peek-a-boo window so you can check up without waking them, which is perfect if you’re sneaking a cream bun you don’t want to share.
- We’ve created adjustable handles so you can slide them down to squeeze into even the tightest city spaces. You’ll be like a member of Cirque de Soleil doing their weekly shop.
- Speaking of weekly shops – we’ve included a basket that has plenty of space for your shopping needs. Spacious enough to fit loads but also discreet enough to smuggle secret purchases past your partner. They never need to know about your trip to the bakery.
- The seat has been designed for maximum comfort. There’s plenty of space for your tot to stretch out, and the super-comfy padding will mean that you’ll want to climb in there once they’re finished with it.
- There’s lots to keep the little one quiet while you do your shopping, our fun and handy ‘toy loop’ lets you hang any number of our great toys on there. We’re still working on something similar for parents. It’ll probably feature a bottle of Merlot.
- The adjustable air vent means you can monitor the temperature and make sure baby is comfortable and cool at all times. The built-in insect net and sleep shade help to stop unwanted guests taking a nap with them.
- The Urbo² is car seat compatible so you don’t have to worry about waking the little monster, if they’ve nodded off on the drive to the shops. Simply pop them in and go! If you have to do the big shop, then so do they.
- There’s even a fancy looking leather bumper bar for extra safety and peace of mind. It doesn’t mean you can play dodgems with it though!
As you can see we’ve put a lot of thought into the Urbo² design which is why it’s the best pushchair for City adventures. Did we mention Which? voted it their Best Buy pushchair of 2014? Oh good.
We hope you and your little one enjoy using the Urbo². All together now; “We built this city for Urbo²…”
Take a look at our Urbo² range.