Laura, ace blogger behind Side Street Style, is a regular traveller and festival goer AND she has two children in toe on all her adventures, one of which has just turned one! Laura recently travelled to Helsinki with her brood and has recommended the destination here. So who better to go to for top tips on travelling with kids…we promise the holidays do not have to stop once baby arrives.
TIPS FOR TRAVELLING WITH KIDS BY LAURA AKA SIDE STREET STYLE
- Always make sure you have water and snacks on you at all times, especially if your travelling in a country where language is a bit of a barrier as hungry tired kids is no fun at the best of times
- Make sure you pack according to the local weather although do pack at least one extra item should the weather be unusually cold or hot
- Try and get your kids involved with the packing by providing them with a small backpack they can carry, filled with their favourite things
- Have easy activities planned that don’t weigh to much, such as stickers, puzzles and audio books and make sure to pack their favourite toy as this also helps ease any homesickness
- If you have a young child that may get tired and will need help with long days exploring a city then don’t be tempted to not take something to help you such as a small umbrella pushchair or sling as these will be invaluable
Here are a few products to ensure you have an easy and carefree holiday abroad:
- Tour2 Buggy – super light and easy to use, perfect for families on the go
- Ergo 360 Baby – This high quality and super comfy sling is perfect for city breaks
- Babyplay Activity Car Panel – We recently drove to France and wish we had one of these to help entertain our 1yrs old
- Babymel Changing Pouch – if your travelling with a baby at some point you will find yourself stuck without a changing mat so having a travel one with you at all times is essential
- Littlelife Gruffly toddler daypack – somewhere where you can store all of your little ones toys, also get them to pack this themselves so they feel more involved
- Skip Hop Zoo straw and bottle Monkey – fun bottles to keep your child hydrated.
Now all you need is a holiday! Check out these family friendly hooliday destionations from real parents here.